Words in the Dark: Post 5
Those of you who have been following my blog have met Leslie Hodgins, author and entrepreneur. In 2016 and 2017, Leslie has been on fire. Some of her accomplishments include:
- interviews on my blog along with other authors and artists from the US and Canada who have kindly provided interviews and guest posts
- partaking in NaNoWriMo for the first time as my writing buddy in 2016 and winning!
- finishing her first novel draft for Rebel Destiny (sci-fi; fantasy) during NaNoWriMo 2016
- creating a spin-off, The Tale of the Siren Song (second book; sci-fi/fantasy), from Rebel Destiny
- revising and preparing her first novel for publication
- creating a business site
- partaking in NaNoWriMo 2017 with Brooks and the Sundown Shooter (third book; mystery)
Leslie’s upcoming novel is REBEL DESTINY. View the book cover and synopsis for this sci-fi/fantasy story here. Rebel Destiny is expected to launch at Words in the Park 2018.
Currently, Leslie continues to expand her business with FitRebels Fitness packages, other products, vlogs, blogs, and newsletters. In writing, she is revising her second novel, THE TALE OF THE SIREN SONG (spin-off from Rebel Destiny), and writing her third, BROOKS AND THE SUNDOWN SHOOTER.
BROOKS AND THE SUNDOWN SHOOTER
(NaNoWriMo 2017) Sneak Peek Synopsis
Set in an alternate 1920s era with steampunk and science fiction influences, Detective Brooks (Brooklyn) is hunting down the Sundown Shooter, a villain who shoots his victims just after the sun goes down. But when cornered, he shoots Brooks’s partner and long-time friend, Adira, and then things get personal.
Brooks hunts him with a vengeance, and completely loses herself in the case. Her only solace is that Adira will have peace. With the reluctant help of a steampunk pirate, Lachlan, Brooks desperately tracks down every lead she can about the Shooter.
The deeper she goes, the more she picks up clues that not everything is what she thought it was. The world is different somehow, everything a little too grey and monotone, with unfamiliar faces and too many people not wearing the current fashions.
What has Brooks gotten herself into? Who is this mysterious Shooter that disappears as completely as he does? And how will she bring him to justice?