Black Trees, Fiery Sun Dogs, Purple Clouds, Azure Sky

piccollage-2017-01-02-09_35_45-best

Far right: the original photo, a blue-pink-yellow gradient. Lower left: sun dog. Remaining: filters used were Rouge (pink and purple), Zeke (rust), and Vanilla (black and white). January 2, 2017.

img_2057-4

Magpie in a treetop against a blue and white sky. 1:10 p.m., January 1, 2017. (No filter.)

img_2084-5

Backlit hoarfrost and leaves. Enhancement creates an interesting rose hue. 10:54 a.m., January 3, 2017.

img_2067-2

Fiery sun dog. 9:20 a.m., January 2, 2017. (No filter.)

img_2114

Bleached winter sun creates a moody, near black-and-white effect. 11:32 a.m., January 5, 2017. (No filter.)

img_2135

An eerie winter sun caught in a web of branches creates a moon-like effect. 10:35 a.m., January 7, 2017. (No filter.)

img_2065-4

A winter sunrise with natural colour gradient. 9:07 a.m., January 2, 2017. (No filter.)

img_2065-vanilla2-filter

A sombre effect created by Windows 10 Vanilla filter.

piccollage-2017-01-05-23_19_45

Left: late-day sun reflecting off trunk and snow creates a washed-out effect. Right: intense sky with low sun lights up snow on branches. 3:32 p.m., January 1, 2017. (No filters.)

Related winter posts

Pink Sun, Purple Sky, Diamond Snow … And Fluffy Bunnies?

Orange Clouds, Rainbow Sun Dogs, Blue-White Snow

Visit to Ontario: A Photo Story

Winter Photo Challenge: Earth and Sky

About Eva Blaskovic

I am a multi-genre author of literary fiction and fantasy, and writer of non-fiction articles on parenting, writing, education, health, and travel. My background encompasses both the sciences and the arts. I teach at a specialized clinic for learning difficulties and mentor young authors. In addition to writing and teaching, my passions are weather, Indian food, gardening, and music. I have played eight musical instruments and spent many years immersed in taekwondo and karate. In my youth, I was an avid canoeist. I was born in Prague, Czech Republic, grew up in Ontario, Canada, and moved to Alberta in 1988, where I raised four children.
This entry was posted in Outdoors/Travel, Photo Post and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Black Trees, Fiery Sun Dogs, Purple Clouds, Azure Sky

1. psitsperi says:

Hi! I nominated you for The Blogger Recognition Awards ๐Ÿ™‚ https://psitsperi.wordpress.com/2017/01/10/blogger-recognition-awards/

Liked by 1 person